04 November 2007

Mon Amie

I have a friend; we used to be classmates in our high school days. She is one of the few people who I think really knew me. There were times when I would go to her to tell her about the things that are bothering me. Yet, she never told me of her troubles.

She was gone for a long time and I never heard from her for a round a year. She never told me of her problems until recently. And to top it all, she told me not in a face-to-face meeting. I remember that I was able to catch up with her online and confirmed with her what one of our mutual friends knew; she said it was all true. But its not! All she told me were lies.

Was I shocked when I heard what really happened? I don’t know what I felt really. But the thought/idea bugged me for a long time. After I talked to several friends I have come to realize several things about her situation:

· She is not ready to handle the situation she is in (well, who would really be ready in a situation like hers?)

· She is at the losing end. No matter how I look at it, I always go back to the question: what about her future?

· As our 4th year English teacher told us, nothing is more painful than dream unfulfilled

· For how long would they stay the way they are?

No comments: