21 November 2007

Hospital Visit

Another Hospital
Another ICU
Another life at their hands

Fear surrounds me
Memories of the past return
The shock of that day remembered

All those machines
Those “white ladies”
Those doctors who visit

That person on the bed
With all the machines connected to her body
Maybe a love one or it could be you

For the loved ones of the patient
The anxiety is never ending
Until one gets better

In the past I have lost
Someone to death in a hospital
Someone who is very dear to me

Life became more complicated
Than it already is
For us who was left behind

Today, as I visit someone in the hospital
I felt depressed
Although she’s recovering

Perhaps it’s the hospital atmosphere
And memories of the past
That came rushing back

note:
I wrote this last night after I came from the hospital

No comments: